• To enhance professionalism and quality of services to the membership and persons and organizations charged with the emergency handling of technical rescue incidents, in their efforts to protect and ensure life safety.
• To provide a unified voice of technical rescue incident response professonals in the formation of policies in regulatory negotiations and other issues in the technical rescue field.
• To provide a means for continuing education and training.
• To provide a source for the general education of the public and other non-emergency agencies.
• Support and encourage the development and awareness of technical rescue response capability within the fire services of this state where they currently do not exist.
• Said corporation is designed to promote safety, education and standardized technical rescue training throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
• Facilitate interoperability between technical rescue organizations and/or groups.
•To provide representation for members on the Technical Rescue Coordinating Council to further the goals of the organization.
• Enhance and promote the strategic goals for mobilization of technical rescue teams throughout the Commonwealth.
WHO WE ARE
Massachusetts Association of Technical Rescue Specialists (MATRS) is a non-profit corporation whose purpose is to coordinate Technical Rescue services statewide